The Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) is a national network of IT professionals, educators, and students dedicated to continuing education, professional growth, leadership, and the exploration of issues that face the IT industry. Since 1951, AITP has been a continuing resource for quality professional development. Serving the IT industry as a national organization and through our local chapters, AITP is committed to delivering to our members the recognition, support, and credibility that will give them the competitive edge needed to succeed.
The Baton Rouge Chapter is comprised of members at all levels and roles within the IT industry including CIOs, Senior Managers, Project Delivery, Service Delivery, Software Development, Vendors and Consultants.
- Promoting networking, cooperation and fellowship among members of the local IT community
- Promoting IT workforce training and development
- Partnering with other organizations (BRTC, LTC, the Tech Park) to promote the development of IT leadership and excellence
- Supporting IT education at all levels through scholarships, sponsorship of student organizations and mentoring
- Publicizing the availability and quality of local IT resources
- Serving the community through IT related community service projects
|Integrity||We value professionalism and uphold the AITP Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.|
|Respect||We build an inclusive environment through mentoring, delivering on commitments, working together with trust, and enjoying the camaraderie of each other.|
|Innovation||We learn, share insights, and encourage our members to make a difference today and for the future.|
|Service||We keep current in technology, business, and academia. We contribute to the Association, IT profession, and society utilizing leadership, appropriate solutions, and sound processes.|